Stone's Place

Hello Friends!! Living in London for two years gave me the chance to really get to know the city and all the fabulous places in it. I w...

Hello Friends!!

Living in London for two years gave me the chance to really get to know the city and all the fabulous places in it. I was always excited to go try new restaurants and party in new clubs. Case in point: Bodo's Schloss.

But when I returned to Toronto, I came back to a clean slate. I have absolutely no idea what place is trendy to go to anymore and what new restos and clubs have opened since I left. 

So, I decided I would gather Clive, my besty and her man and go back to my favourite bar in Toronto, one that so far has stood the test of time and is as popular as it was two years ago. Stone's Place.

Stone's Place is a Rolling Stones themed bar. It is located on Queen West inside a dark bar that looks like someones basement from the 70s. 




It has a very chill and relaxed vibe, even the dress code is casual, allowing for a very homey and welcoming feel. It is advisable to go early as after around 11pm it gets very crowded and sometimes impossible to get in. We arrived at 10:30pm and it was empty, the perfect opportunity for me to snap some pictures. 


The music in Stone's Place has been described to me as music you would hear at someone's wedding, in the best way possible. They play rock and roll from the 50s onwards. It is perfect for those who love to dance like no one is watching and really let their guard down. It is also perfect for people like Clive who hate clubs with dance music and who prefer to grab a beer at the bar, find a pool table and relax with his buddies. Or perfect for someone like me, who loves cocktails and dancing the night away with her besties.


Stone's Place is owned by a guy who loved the Stones and during their hay day collected an incredible amount of memorabilia, that now hang on every corner of the bar. 



I have come here many times before and will do so on a regular basis. The drinks aren't too pricey either, which may lead to some fuzzy memories:








All in all a perfect night!

Have you been to Stone's Place? What is your fav bar in Toronto, I need suggestions?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images